Live from PDC'09 - it's quite cloudy out there
The first keynote for the PDC’09 ended up minutes ago. Although it was not such a surprise, Azure was pervasive in virtually every talk being made this morning. Azure is definitively a top priority for Microsoft much like Windows or Office.
For my small company, it’s very good news because we are banking a lot on this technology. Also, I really like the vision of Microsoft that includes tooling as a core of the cloud experience.
Key news in the session:
* Windows Azure won’t be in production before Jan 1st.
- .NET Services finally renamed / federated as AppFabric.
- Caching layer is now part of AppFabric.
- VM with various sizes are now available.
- Configurable VM images in Azure will come in 2010.